I had a hunch that the best thing to do with a bit of lamb was to introduce it to a lovely dish of mint hummus. And do you know what?. I was so right. What a partnership that is. There is one thing on this dish besides the hummus that makes it irresistible, I mean just so hard to stop eating that you will have to invite some people over to help you.
I’ve just come back from holidays. You must know how that feels?
After 4 weeks away, I am still not sure where I am in the middle of the night and I am relaxed, but depressed…. if that’s even a thing. I haven’t really managed to reacquaint myself with any routine yet……I just want a minute longer. And even though I am operating at an unbelievably slow pace I still managed to throw this salad together rather quickly. When I stabbed at this with my fork, I felt like I was back on holidays….eating in a restaurant. I just love eating out and having to go into the world and hunt down a new restaurant, what 2 or 3 meals a day?. Yesssss, don’t you?.
Please don’t tell me my holidays are over.
That’s why this Mint Hummus Lamb dish is so good, it’s light, it tastes great and does not require a lot of cooking. It kind of has that healthy cafe air to it , and you could certainly serve it to any one that is on holidays. They would appreciate that.
I had a hunch that the best thing to do with a bit of lamb was to introduce it to a lovely dish of mint hummus. And do you know what?. I was so right. What a partnership that is. There is one thing on this dish besides the hummus that makes it irresistible, I mean just so hard to stop eating that you will have to invite some people over to help you. It’s not the crunchy carrots and the chickpeas nor is the creamy lemony hummus dressing that those carrots are languishing in. Although these alone could do the trick.
I’ll tell you what it is ….it’s the crunchy seedy mixture I made to sprinkle on that salad. THIS and this alone is worth running to the shops and getting enough ingredients to make a huge bucket. It’s like the best salad you had in that cute little restaurant you visited…… only better.
I have got lots of great pictures and travel tips for you coming up…..please come back and have a look.
Meantime here’s something to eat that will make you smile.
Tell me do you fall into a depression when you come back from holidays?
- 6 Lamb leg steaks or lamb fillet or cutlets
- 1 cup mixed seeds and nuts. I used sesame seeds roasted chopped hazelnuts, pinenuts, chia seeds, pepita seeds ( green) and sunflower seeds. (You can use any seeds and nuts you like)
- 1 cup Panko japanese bread crumbs or very rough fresh bread crumbs or rice crumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 ml olive oil
- 1 bunch mint leaves washed picked mint set a side 2 sprigs for the salad
- 120 gm baby spinach leaves 2-3 cups
- 400 gm chickpeas 1 can drained
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini paste
- 125 ml olive oil
- 60 ml lemon Juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 gm carrots cut into fine match sticks
- 250 gm red cabbage cut into match sticks
- 400 ml chickpeas drained 1 can ( that's 2 total)
- 1 tablespoon chives or green onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Tahini
- 60 ml lemon Juice or vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chickpea water
- salt and pepper to taste