Leftover Rice: Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake for One recipe.
You have probably seen enough of these one serve cakes by now. Haven’t you?.
See that Leftover Rice: Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake for One up above? Well I made that because I just needed something sweet.
I did. I had to have something sweet and I did’t want a whole cake hanging around….warm and gooey and wanting to be eaten I wanted just one serve and I wanted it to be quick.
One of my most popular posts was a cake that I made with left over rice and some chocolate. The idea came from the classic Orange and Almond cake you make with boiled oranges, only I didn’t have any oranges so I used leftover rice. I mixed the original in the food processor. It’s an easy gluten free cake and it was even featured in a Guardian Newspaper article at one point the Guardian on how to use left over rice.
I had left over rice.
The thing is if you want a one serve cake you don’t want to use the food processor so I made it without just by mixing it in a mug or a bowl.
Well I made it. Five times……
The first 3 times , the recipe improved each time it was made. The last two times were just to be certain. It’s really nice. And then I made the exact same thing in a Mug, just in case you don’t have a small bowl.
So that’s 6 times…….. Luckily it only takes all of 5 minutes from start to chocolatey finish.
Aww, so I ate more than just the one I was planning. I figured you can make it by just running your knife over the cold rice pieces to break them up a bit before mixing together all the other ingredients in a mug or small bowl and popping in the microwave.
It’s gluten free
It’s chocolate and it will definitely satisfy your dessert cravings. Yes it has sugar, but I don’t care!
First I did a quick chop of the grains.
Then I added the cocoa, sugar, baking powder and a bit of gluten free flour
I stirred it well.
Then I added egg, peanut butter and oil
I gave it a really good stir. You can also do this easily in a mug. Then I gave it about 40 seconds in the microwave.
Use that Leftover Rice for a chocolate heaven dessert for one. Use any nut butter you like and also chopped nuts if you like them.
make sure you stop the cooking before 1 minute for a very fudgey lovely treat
- 30 gm cooked rice 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or other nut butter - I like crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten free flour or almond meal
- 20 ml oil 1 Tablespoon
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Run a knife through the rice grains to break them up a bit before tipping into your mug.
- Add the cocoa, sugar, baking powder and gluten free flour ( or almond meal) and stir well
- Add the egg and oil and peanut butter and stir very well
- Pop into a microwave ( mine is 1200 Watts) for a minute for a nice sticky pudding. Don't cook any longer than 40 seconds for a powerful microwave.
- Eat with cream , yoghurt or Ice cream