The best Hoisin Black Vinegar Dressing to slather on everything.
Have you got a bottle of Hoisin Sauce lurking at the back of the fridge? If you have ever bought one you’ll know it doesn’t take much of it to pack a big flavour punch and it is likely you’d have some left over. Here’s a post with some suggestions for how to use hoisin sauce and what it is too.
For now just know that this thick fragrant black sauce makes a really fantastic dressing. It is one of the 6 dressings that will change everything posts HERE that you all loved so much.
I’ve added some Black vinegar too. If you haven’t tried that you best go out and get some. My favourite as you will have seen before is Chinkiang. There are a few different brands of Black Vinegar at your Asian Grocery store and they are all quite different. Any of them will do the job but the Chinkiang has he best flavour. It’s cheap as chips.
The hoisin dressing goes with so many different things. Barbecued Vegetables, Spring rolls, Steak, Pork Chicken, Noodles you name it.
The simple recipe made in a jar will keep in the fridge if you want to make a double amount.
Hoisin Black Vinegar Dressing
- 100 ml hoisin sauce 5 tablespoons
- 125 ml Chinese Black Vinegar 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon ginger very finely grated fresh
- 25 gm sugar caster
- Put all of the ingredients into a jar and shake till combined.
- You can add garlic to this dressing if you like
- Chinese black vinegar can be found at an Asian grocery store (Chinkiang is best)