I am a very lucky person, because as far as I am aware I don’t have any food allergies. Once, if you had a food allergy it probably was not diagnosed and you were a sickly little person that most likely died young. Now we can work out what disagrees with us and find a way around our allergies….the miracle of modern life. I am sure that Suzanne, from ” Strands of my Life “, who is allergic to almost everything except fresh air, doesn’t consider herself lucky, let alone the subject of a miracle. I have been following her diagnosis and the change this has brought to her cooking. This lady can make beautiful food out of a the handful of ingredients she can eat. I decided to make one of her recipes for this months Sweet Adventures Blog Hop. There are plenty of lemons and pears about and I am being brave and making a gluten free, grain free, dairy free, nut free dessert from Suzannes E-book, “Afternoon Tea”.
Gluten Grain Free Lemon Honeyed Pear Tart
- 4 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 4 whole eggs large
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca
- 1/8 tsp salt
Lemon Curd Filling
- 4 whole eggs
- 125 ml coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoon honey
- 4 whole lemons juice ONLY, of 4
- 2 Tablespoon gelatine I used 1 1/2 leaves gelatin
- 6 whole pears peeled (if you like) 1/4'd and cored
- 1 whole lemon JUICE
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a food processor, blend the oil, honey and eggs.
- Sift the flours and salt into the processor and blend until it forms a ball ready to use in your chosen recipe ( if it is too wet ad a little extra flour)
- Roll out the pastry case and bake blind for 15 min( approx) remove the beads and bake till golden ( 5-6 min). Cool
- Set up a double boiler with water simmering underneath and add the oil and honey together with the lemon juice. Whisk well.
- Heat until hot but not boiling and whisk in the beaten eggs. Keep stirring constantly. The mixture will begin to thicken after about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the gelatin in a little hot water and add to the lemon mixture.
- Cool, pour into tart case and put into the fridge to set.
- When set and cool decorate with fruit.
- Put the honey and lemon in a small oven proof dish. Melt lightly then add the pears and toss. Put them into a 200 C / 390 F oven and roast tossing occasionally. I finished mine on the stove top, caramelizing and little.
And …. if you would like to make some “free” recipes head over to www.strandsofmylife.com and have a peek at Suzanne’s stunning ebook “Afternoon Tea”. I can’t believe you can make these elegant desserts out of a few simple ingredients.
“Afternoon Tea” is available to Buy by heading over to ‘Strands of My Life ” . It’s only $10 introductory price till the 16th April.