These Ginger Pork Chops will jazz up your weeknight. I’ve used a packet of great Lentilicious Lentils from Byron Bay but hey sweet potato will be perfect too.
Byron Bay is a town on the Northern Coast of NSW in Australia. It is the home of all things art, food, music and surfing and it is a place that most travellers stop by on a trip up the East Coast of Australia. Lots of interesting products are made there including this packet of Lentilicious lentils. There aren’t many products that can say they are Gluten free, fat free, low GI, Kosher friendly, high protein , high fibre, vegan and GMO free, phew. It’s a family venture and I love the idea of fast food that is actually good for you.
I am guessing you are no where near Byron Bay so you could use mashed or even roasted sweet potatoes for this dish.
Ginger Pork Chops with Cucumber Salsa coming up right here.
- 2 large pork chops or fillet
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 ml fish sauce or soy if you prefer but fish sauce makes the best marinade, 2 Tablespoons
- 2 Tablespoons ginger grated
- 40 ml olive oil 2 Tablespoons
- 20 ml lemon Juice 1 Tablespoon
- 20 ml sweet chilli sauce 1 Tablespoon
- 1 small Lebanese Cucumber cubed (about 1 cup- skin and seeds left in)
- 6 whole Cherry Tomatoes or about 1/2 cup, cut half
- 1/4 bunch coriander stems and leaves
- 1 pinch salt
If you are new here I try to hook up with Celia @ Fig Jam and Lime Cordial for a trip around the world looking into other people’s kitchens. This hook up is no longer operating.