One Pot Noodles with Chicken are extra quick and incredibly easy and fast and also gluten free too. A brilliant idea if I must say so myself! Watch the video………..
Put this Extra Quick One Pot Noodles on your list this week. This family friendly beauty has just enough spice and it’s just fast enough to say you haven’t really cooked, ah… but you have and I promise you will love it.
It only requires one pot and around 15 minutes actual cooking time including plating it up. The rest of the time, about 10 minutes worth will be spent cutting a couple of things up and perhaps measuring a few sauces, I think I have overestimated the prep. This idea came about after a long road trip with my sister.
You may have seen some of my posts on Port Macquarie. I have been there a lot because some of my family have moved there. This new year we decided we should all be together and made a snap decision to spend it by the beach in Port. It’s a four and a bit hour drive, not very far really but I don’t like distance driving. Give me a crowded city street and a tiny parking space and I am in my element. The open road is daunting to me, I’m always scared I may fall asleep, that is a bad thing to admit, I know. So, we decided to drive in convoy. We couldn’t fit into the same car with ” stuff (lots of it)” and other family members filling up all the space. All we needed to do was drop off her dogs at the sitters and that is what brought us unstuck.
The small detour unfortunately turned into an hour drive around the countryside and just as we were about to stop to consult with each others GPS’s we were pulled over, in convoy, for a police roadblock breath test. We were each tested and the police instructed my sister behind, to follow the blue car in front. ” Oh I am following her”, she said “but she doesn’t know where she is going”. He didn’t have time to answer her because he was too busy yelling at me. Just as he was waving my sister on he noticed that I had pulled up and jumped out of my car. I was heading to my sisters car, to compare directions. The police waved at me yelling .” You can’t stop there mate”, I threw my hands up, kind of begging but he just kept yelling…”No mate drive away”, so I got back into my car and we drove. Sometimes GPS’s are just not to be trusted and with a multitude of phone calls and compared directions, eventually, we got back to the freeway. After so much driving and confusion all I needed was something very simple to eat. Here it is.
Extra Quick One Pot Noodles. It’s gluten free too.
I have used baby garlic chives when plating my noodles.
One Pot Noodles with Chicken
- 400 ml coconut cream 1 can
- 400 ml chicken stock measure using the coconut cream can
- 40 ml fish sauce 2 tablespoons
- 40 ml oyster sauce 2 tablespoons
- 20 gm sugar white, 1 tablespoon
- 20 ml Chilli sauce (Langhams chilli sauce or you favourite Sriracha 1 tablespoon )
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons ginger grated fresh
- 40 ml lemon Juice 2 tablespoons
- 1 coriander root chopped if you have one- otherwise stems can replace
The Good Bits
- 500 gm Chicken breast fillet or slice it even thin slices yourself for quick cooking, store bought stir fry cut
- 200 gm Thai Rice Noodle sticks 1 packet
- 1 bunch Broccolini or beans- a nice sturdy green
- 100 gm Chinese cabbage wom bok or 2 thick
- 1 cup green onions cut in 2 cm lengths . Use mostly the green bit)
- 100 gm red capsicum thick sliced
- Start by adding the coconut cream, stock, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, coriander root and LEMON juice to a medium large pot the pot. Stir well. (30-35 cm)
- Add the sliced chicken and mix up a bit ( this will spread it to cook more evenly). Then add the noodles and other ingredients, finishing with the broccolini . There is no need to stir these just leave them in little piles on top of the soup. Put the lid on and turn the heat onto high.
- When you see condensation start to form on the inside of the lid (mine is see through)- or about 6 minutes in, give the ingredients a little shake around ( this is mainly to make sure the noodles are getting enough liquid. No need to stir much- it will cook!)
- As soon as the liquid is boiling vigorously take off the lid and give it a stir. ( check the chicken is cooked through) if not boil 1 minute longer then turn off and serve in bowls with extra chilli if desired.
Add fresh chilli if you like
This can be made with prawns, fish or fine sliced beef fillet too
One pot recipes: