What do you think would happen at your place if you served these surprise Chocolate Mousse Flowerpots with Oreo soil. Why not make some and find out?
These little Chocolate Mousse Flowerpots with Oreo Soil are definitely a keeper, so cute and so very easy. Chocolate mousse is every ones favourite and this makes chocolate mousse lots of fun….for all the kids in the family big or small.
This is the second time I have posted this recipe . The first time, about a month ago, My Kitchen Stories was hacked and I lost the recipe and the cute story that went with it. I saw this idea- lots of versions of it- on Pinterest.
This time it has finally got to you. Minus story, but phew. I think you might have some fun with it!
This is quite a simple chocolate mousse. Much easier than usual but it is light and fluffy and keeps extremely well. I made the recipe making small pots yielding 6 and a few other times yielding about 4 pots. I think the smaller ones are the best. You must must must use a dark chocolate even if you are a milk chocolate lover otherwise the end result will be just too sweet.
To make them look like little pots of herbs use basil for best results however little sprigs of mint work too. You can add Orange liqueur to these or mint by using a mixture of mint and chocolate biscuits or just make them as is. Chocolate Mousse Flowerpots with Oreo soil will be a hit when you bring them on a tray to the table. What do you think the unsuspecting family will think?.
- 200 gm chocolate 70% minimum
- 200 ml cream
- 20 gm butter
- 2 whole egg whites separated yolks put aside
- 2 Tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 Tablespoons Cointreau optional
- 150 gm Oreo original cookies 1 packet
- 6 sprigs basil or an edible flower or herb
- Put the chocolate, butter and cream and liqueur or vanilla if using into a double boiler and melt gently . Alternatively put in the microwave for 1 minute then stir till melted. Set aside
- Meantime using a very clean bowl and whisk beat the egg whites till frothy and white then add the sugar 1 spoon at a time. Beat till tripled in volume and glossy.
- Fold the whites into the chocolate in three batches. Divide into 6 small glasses or ceramic dishes. Chill overnight or for several hours
- Smash up a packet of Oreo cookies in the processor or in a plastic bag with something heavy, leaving a few lumps and clumps. Sprinkle the bits onto the top of the mousses. ( setting a little aside)
- Put the sprigs of basil or herb into each plant pot.
- Put on a tray and sprinkle with some leftover crumbs to make it look like they have just been potted.
Find a vegan chocolate pudding recipe HERE.