Chicken Soup Easy Prawn Wontons and Masterstock is as comforting as a warm hug. Make this recipe at the beginning of the week and it will make you happy for days.
I have found a soup that Skater likes.
Yes it’s a wonton soup with vegetables . ( Maybe he doesn’t know it’s soup).
He left the Shiitake Mushrooms and the shallots but there was a generally good reception. Would you like to give this one a go?
I made the long version of this by making a Masterstock and cooking a whole chicken in it but you could flavour a pre- made stock and buy a cooked chicken . This is to cut the preparation time….and that’s up to you.
You should know however that the whole chicken cooked in Masterstock is very delicious and you will have some left over for snacks/lunches/dinner tomorrow.
Really there is no better soup than this. I could live on it.
- 2.5 litres water
- 250 ml Shoaxshing wine
- 125 ml light soy
- 75 ml dark soy
- 100 gm yellow rock sugar or 50gm caster sugar
- 2 pieces citrus peel dried found in Asian stores, or Zest of 1/4 orange
- 2 pieces cassia bark
- 4 whole star anise
- 1 piece ginger 3 cm
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 whole coriander roots cleaned well
- 1 piece ginger 20 cent size of
- 1.3 kg Chicken washed dried
- 100 gm wonton wrappers
- 250 gm prawn meat green / uncooked -can be thawed frozen
- 1 teaspoon curry paste red or green
- 10 ml fish sauce 2 teaspoons
- 1 whole lime zest of 1
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup ginger julienned
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 whole coriander root cleaned
- 1/2 Egg break into a bowl beat and use 1/2
- 150 gm red pepper Sliced plus beansprouts or bok choy
- 2 cups chicken meat sliced
- 50 gm green onion sliced
- 1 bunch coriander picked
- 200 gm shitake mushrooms punnet/ sliced
- 100 gm snow peas sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 whole chilli sliced
- 3 Tablespoons green onion sliced
Cooking a chicken or chicken pieces in Masterstock is one of the best ways to cook chicken on earth!. Don't over simmer and keep it on low for the 30 minutes and then let the chicken sit in the hot water with the lid on. You will be surprised to see it will be cooked though and perfect. Test for an absence of pink on the inside of the thigh. It will finish cooking and be juicy and taste irresistibly tender. Drain and eat straight away or put into the fridge.
If not using the Masterstock for soup, save the stock by straining through a sieve and putting into the fridge to cool. it can be frozen but will last in the fridge for a week. bring bake to a boil before using again. Each time it has more flavour. Some Masterstocks are many years old!
- The short version of the soup and wontons for the time poor!
Is there someone at your house that leaves all the good bits behind?