This Chicken Noodles Soup is a bowl of unexpected comfort that will have you jumping for joy on a cold day.
Unexpected comfort. That can be a hug from someone, a nice comment, your son drying the dishes before you get home from work..!
Or a bowl of Chicken Noodle Soup.
This is the simplest most comforting soup. No tricky ingredients.
This soup is for my treasured friend who Julia lives in the Bay of Islands in a little town called Kerikeri, Northland , New Zealand. There are no Asian supermarkets or any real speciality stores. Julia is gearing up to her busiest time of year as director at Northland Tourism, she can be found most of the time in Paihia, at the information centre. This seaside town in the centre of the Bay of Islands is a laid back holiday town and lots of fun in the summer. She is going to love this soup when she gets home from work and wants something light and delicious, after a day of pointing tourists in the right direction.
- 2 litres chicken stock or water
- 1.2 kg Chicken
- 5 stalks green onion shallots
- 25 gm ginger grated 1 Tablesp,
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60 ml light soy (1/4 cup if available other wise plain old soy sauce)*
- 100 gm carrot shredded or julienned
- 85 gm 5 minute noodles 1 packet
- 1 cup beansprouts
- 1 Tablespoon ginger grated
- 2 stalks green shallots julienned
- 400 gm Chicken shredded from cooked chicken above
- 1/2 bunch coriander picked
- 1 teaspoon Sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch salt
*Some soy sauces are saltier and darker