A couple of months before summer I spent a whole Sunday making and photographing no-bake desserts. These were to put together an e-book but as usual time passed and I didn’t get my book done. Do you constantly run out of time?. Is it just me?.
Anyway, this was amongst the desserts that I produced. It is made out of a surprising combination of ingredients that actually don’t include sugar, that is if you don’t count that shard of praline on the top. It’s unusual, well for me anyway because I don’t have any kind of sugar avoidance issues nor do I have an absolute need to eat pointedly healthy desserts. Dessert is dessert to me . I totally enjoy them, I think you can go over the top but just don’t make it every day. Well that’s what I think anyway. I would be very upset with out cake.
But this week quite a few of the people that I know ( and usually give desserts to) have told me they are detoxing!.( their words not mine). So, because I am a caring person and I just don’t want them to miss out on anything I took the opportunity to dig out this dessert I made months ago. I hope the fact there is no sugar in it doesn’t make you suspicious, because if I read a statement like that I would feel a little suspicious. Relax though, it is really the most chocolaty , almost mousse like little pot of guilt free dessert you could ask for. That is why I added some praline. Life needs balance.
There are two ways to make this dessert. One has more ingredients than the other, but both are pretty much a healthy dessert. You will be surprised how the ingredients work to make a very satisfying dessert. I love them, but I would also like to spread my chocolate onto a beautiful pastry base………..mmm. Ok, so I am not on any kind of detox, mentally or physically.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding, Gluten Free
- 300 gm Avocado de-seeded skinned (2 large)
- 100 gm dark chocolate chopped , I have used 70% but you can use any other good chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 ml maple syrup or more to taste.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl and melt it in the microwave in 1/2 minute bursts, or over a double boiler. Set aside but dont let it get cool.
- Put the avocado into a food processor and purée till creamy.
- Open up the lid and add the vanilla and chocolate and 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup ( or honey). Purée till well combined. Taste and add more sweetener if you like.
- Spoon into 2 x cup sized containers or 3 smaller ones.
Make sure the chocolate is a really good quality ALTERNATE RECIPE!
300 gm avocados, de seeded and peeled (2 large)
250 ml Kara Coconut Cream (1 cup)
60 gm Dutch cocoa (3 Tablespoons)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinamon
3 Tablespoons maple syrup.
Put all of the ingredients, and only 1 Tablespoon of the maple syrup into a food processor and purée till smooth and creamy.
Taste and add extra sweetener if you like.
Divide into 2-4 small pots, depending on how big you want them to be.
Here’s another good idea. Sprinkle with crushed chocolate chip cookies or a bit of sea salt. Crushed roasted nuts or toasted muesli would also make this even more delicious.
Chocolate Pudding Vegan Guilt Free
- 300 gm avocados de seeded and peeled (2 large)
- 250 ml Kara coconut cream 1 cup
- 60 gm dutch cocoa 3 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons maple syrup or to taste
- Put all of the ingredients, and only 1 Tablespoon of the maple syrup into a food processor and purée till smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add extra sweetener if you like.
- Divide into 2-4 small pots, depending on how big you want them to be.