Lasagne Soup. What could be better? Lasagne in a bowl in less than 30 minutes.
Nothing beats Lasagne in my house.
Except maybe this Lasagne Soup.
This seemed to make Skater sit up and notice. It tastes pretty much like Lasagne but it takes 1/4 of the time to cook. Naturally you can sneak any vegetables into this soup you want and that was what originally attracted me to the idea. I made it extra thick so that my fussy Lasagne eater would not have any reason for any kind of complaint, but you can add more “soup” if you like it thinner or you want it to stretch further. It’s a pretty novel and economical kind of dish, perfect for a whole group of Lasagne eating monsters. You can use any kind of pasta in this soup, but I’ve used fresh instant pasta sheets cut into squares because they cook so quickly. if you have a favourite dried pasta cook that separately then add at the end.
There is not much more to say really except you can make this with any kind of mince. Chicken, Turkey, Beef or Pork. Add chilli. Make it two days ahead then add the pasta when you reheat or just make a huge pot and eat it all week! It’s great for groups, great for keeping in the fridge to eat the next day. DO use good parmesan. DO make the cream sauce for the top.
Why not share this with someone ?
- 300 gm beef mince
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 gm onion chopped into dice
- 150 gm capsicum chopped into dice
- 100 gm celery stick / chopped into dice
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to season the meat
- 700 ml tomato puree crushed tomato sauce
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 150 gm pasta sheets fresh flat 1/2 a packet is plenty
- 1 tsp Oregano dried or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 80 ml olive oil 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt extra if needed
- 125 ml cream I used thickened
- 100 gm parmesan cheese grated
- 20 gm Extra cheese for sprinkling on top
- 150 ml extra stock to thin if necessary
- 25 GM parsley or basil chopped if you like green things