Yuzu Sesame Dressing will become a favourite for you just like it is here. It goes with so many things and is so simple.
Yuzu Sesame Dressing
You will become addicted to this one. It is sweet and sour and I can’t stop till the jar is all gone.
Use this dressing for a dip or with egg dishes, dumplings and all kinds of salads. It goes great with eggplant and with chicken.
Dressings can change a whole dish. Don’t forget to check out all the other dressings here.
So how about we get started on some dressings?
Can I be a bit bossy?. If you don’t like it then just skip this part.
- The ingredients you use, will make or break the taste of your dressing. Most of us know that a good olive oil is worth it’s weight in gold. But did you ever think about the vinegar you use?. There is vinegar and then there is vinegar. Don’t just go into the supermarket and grab one from the shelf, go to a good store and choose a white wine vinegar or a sherry vinegar or a good balsamic. It will definitely cost you a bit more but you will NOT regret it. Keep it in the fridge because a good wine vinegar will oxidise just like wine. There are industrial vinegars just like there are other mass produced ingredients. Some companies take years to make a vinegar and others take days.
- Get yourself a clean jar with a lid to make your dressing in. Shaking your ingredients together will emulsify them and help all the ingredients meld together seamlessly. You can also keep any leftover dressing in the jar and just get another one for any subsequent dressings you make
- A dressing should not be so acidic it hurts your mouth, so make sure you balance the acid with oil, herbs, spices and sweetness. Again, a good vinegar will not produce a painful burn, it will impart some flavour. (OK enough already )
- 120 gram caster sugar
- 120 ml rice wine vinegar 1/2 cup
- 40 ml Sesame oil 2 tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds approximately
- 120 ml Yuzu Juice 6 tablespoons / 1/2 cup
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled ginger, Japanese finely chopped