I have got something special for you here. I mean really, who wouldn’t want a Pizza Meatball Dip? Cheesy hot pizza tasting meat balls will have you wondering why you never thought of this before. Better still it’s easy.
I wanted to make you something really easy to make when you have a few people over, or even when you don’t. Friday night in front of the TV?
Yep, I got you.
Pizza Meatball Dip.
There’s a few positives about this Pizza Meatball Dip recipe, besides the fact it tastes good…….
For a start you can eat it with toothpicks or a fork. Your choice.
Pick up those little Pizza Meatballs and wrap them in lettuce…. Too healthy?
Wrap them in flat bread, garlic bread, gluten free bread…… whatever you like.
You can also do what I did when I found myself with three trays of these. Boil some pasta and serve them mixed into that, because they make a great pasta sauce too. There no limit to these! Make the meatballs smaller if you like too so they are tiny and bite-sized. They are really cute as tiny little toothpick morsels.
All you need is a few everyday ingredients and you have it. Add anything you want to yours, for example you could add loads more cheese on top! Mozzarella would make it pretty nice if you like that long stringy pizza feel. You could also add chilli or more herbs. It’s really up to you. I am thinking you could also put the entire (oven proof) tray onto the BBQ and cook it outdoors too. I use a nice presentable dish so it goes from oven to table– less washing up.
Here’s the video, just to give you an idea how easy this is. See I am not kidding.
Tag me on Instagram @mykitchenstories or Facebook or send me a picture so I can see your amazing creations.
- 500 gm Pork mince ( ground)
- 50 gm Panko crumbs or fresh white breadcrumbs (1 cup)
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 large egg (70 gm)
- 100 gm creamy Danish feta (make sure it's not Greek feta)
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano or dried or 3 tablespoons fresh chopped oregano leaves ( You can use other herbs too. Try rosemary or basil)
- 500 gm x 2 jars of spaghetti sauce ( any flavour you like)
- 200 gm cheese. Use cheddar or a mixture of parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar)
- Basil leaves for serving
- Lettuce cups or Flatbread
- Pre- heat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Have a baking dish ready. It needs to be at least 11 in / 28 cm long or round.
- Use a medium sized bowl and add the mince, oregano, crumbs, egg and crumbled feta. Mix together well.
- Shape the meat into even sized (walnut sized) balls straight into your baking dish. Once you have rolled them look over them to check the size spreading them into one single layer. They roll together very easily and rough is ok.
- Pour over the two jars of spaghetti sauce sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes. In a very hot oven this should be long enough. The cheese will be melted and the sauce bubbling. ( test one meatball). Sprinkle with extra herbs.
- Serve these with lettuce cups, pita bread and toothpicks to eat straight from the dish.