This jug of sunshine is the best medicine for a summers day. A jug of the Orange Vodka Soda Splash is the perfect party starter.
Last year when I was in Warwick New York we had copious jugs of sunny drinks like this. It was such a great summer thing to do and started off every BBQ. They really know how to make a jug of drinks over there. So now that’s what I like doing each time I invite people over.
This Orange Vodka Soda Splash is an easy way to welcome people . It doesn’t have to be extra strong it’s just a sunny start. I recently started making my own sparkling water in my SodaStream and that just makes endless summer sparklers very easy.
You could try any combination of drinks at all. Gin, a bit of rum or white rum or you could just make a jug of delicious sparkling water with fruit syrup flavouring. Making fruit syrup is easy and you can keep it in a container in the fridge.
Summer is going to be one long sparkling time here this year. Get the recipe below and watch the video to see how easy it is.
- 250 gm / 1 cup sugar
- 250 ml /1 cup orange juice ( 1-2 oranges freshly squeezed)
- 250 ml / 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups crushed ice
- 100 ml orange liqueur
- soda to top up ( you'll need about 500 ml- I used my SodaStream)
- 4 strawberries, ½ an orange sliced, 2 sprigs of mint
- Cut the fruit and put into a large jug with the crushed ice. (Crushed ice makes ALL the difference. Crush the ice by putting it in a zip lock - sealed plastic bag, and hitting it with a rolling pin)
- Add the orange liqueur, vodka and cooled orange syrup then top up with soda.
- Then give everyone a little glass. Cheers
I was sent a SodaStream to try. I’ve always wondered what they are like. I have a jug for filtered water in my fridge and now I have filtered sparkling water on tap. I’ve also realised I have less to carry home from the supermarket and less to throw out. Endless Summer, I am ready.