No Bake Chocolate Berry Tarts- Love them they are easy to make!Don’t these look gorgeous? They are the kind of thing you could make for someone you love.
Oh OK, you can make them for anyone but they do have crunchy chocolate bases lightly creamy centres and and syrupy berry topping. Someone will definitely love them.
When I said to my workmate (she was scoffing one), they are really easy no bake tarts that would make a great dessert – so easy….she looked at me and said. easy?. These have three steps.
Yes, they do. They have three steps, all of them profoundly easy and well worth the result. No one will know it is so damn easy, I promise.
I have been making what I call “mock” Mascarpone to fill these No bake Chocolate Berry Tarts. This is a mixture of ricotta, vanilla, maple syrup and evaporated milk. This is ADDICTIVE I mean totally addictive. It really is like Mascarpone and can be used in all the same ways. I used it in these Skinny Pavlovas too . It’s not just because it’s just a bit “skinnier” than mascarpone, because I LOVE mascarpone but sometimes it is just too damn expensive or just plain not very nice (in the case of some supermarket brands).
You can line the bottoms with chocolate if you like, but this is just an added bonus. I tried a couple lined and some not. They are just as delicious with or without
Fill them up.
Now this is a nice way to make a great salad of your fruit. It doesn’t look as pretty as just plain fruit but it TASTES so good. Crush 3 or 4 of the Strawberries and add some Maple Syrup or Honey then mix with the rest of the berries
You can make each individual element and put them together when you need them or prepare them pop into the fridge and serve them within a couple of hours.
Make them for someone you love .
- 250 gm/ 8.80 oz packet of plain chocolate biscuits
- 100 gm / 3.5 oz unsalted butter (melted)
- 250 gm / 8.080 oz of fresh ricotta cheese (full fat from the deli)
- 60 ml /1/4 cup / 2 oz evaporated milk (canned milk with reduced water content and no sugar)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ a bean
- 2 Tablespoons / 40 ml / 1.35 oz maple syrup ( you can add more if you like it sweeter- I don't)
- 500 gm (2 punnets) Strawberries
- 200 gm (1 punnet) blueberries
- extra 1-2 tablespoons maple Syrup
- 50 gm dark chocolate
- 100 ml or ⅓ cup or 3.40 fl oz evaporated milk
- Put the biscuits / cookies into a food process and blitz till fine. Pour in the melted butter and mix. This mixture needs to be easy to push into the tart tins ie not too crumbly. If it is very loose and crumbly consider adding another teaspoon or so of melted butter and remix. This is probably only for those converting from gms to ozes.
- Once the bases have been made chill well. If you need them quickly freeze for ½ an hour.
- Put the ricotta into the food processor or mixer and mix well before adding the vanilla, maple and evaporated milk.
- To make the berry salad. Crush 4-5 strawberries in a bowl and add 1-2 tablespoons maple Syrup (depending on personal taste). Then add the halved strawberries and blueberries and mix together just before you need it.
- To serve take the tart cases out of the tins very gently. fill them with the mascarpone cream and top with berries