Yes, Pineapple shines in this Sticky Pineapple loaf. Pin it for later!!
This Sticky Pineapple Loaf is going to make you fall in love. Pineapple makes such an amazing dessert when it teams up with caramel. You won’t need a mixer and you won’t need an ice cream machine, but you will need to call everyone to the table for dessert, because it’s on!
Make a Sticky Pineapple Loaf anytime.
You can make this any time of the year but in the spring Pineapples are at their sweetest, most perfect. I love my job, because each season when the fruit is at it’s best I get sent some to make a recipe or two with. Recipes this year for Bananas, Persimmons, and amazing local Blood Oranges are some of my favourites. I just love coming up with recipes.
I also get sent some seasonal fruits and vegetables so that I can help to remind you (and me!) they are in season. Here in Australia we are lucky to have a temperate climate so we don’t always think seasonally. We are so used to getting all kinds of fruit and vegetables year round, that we are very spoilt. But the truth is all fruit and vegetables have seasonal fluctuations and taste better at certain times. Come on down Pineapples, it’s your turn.
I know that everyone has a favourite recipe for Banana Bread. Believe it or not this Sticky Pineapple Loaf also features bananas and it takes the cake!. Literally. Now this is a dessert to rival any caramel sticky pudding you have ever had. The ice cream couldn’t be simpler and I am sure you’ll find some fans for it in your house.
So this week has been hot then cold then hot, Mother nature can’t make up here mind. Is it summer or winter where you are?. To be honest it probably doesn’t really matter because this is a dessert that will last. When the need takes you , slice off a couple of pieces of Sticky Pineapple Loaf, warm it with some caramel sauce and dig out a big spoon of Pineapple no churn ice cream. Ahem………I did. Sadly it was gone in no time.
This is kind of tropical but a whole lot sticky caramel heaven.
Can you just imagine?
Oh stop it just make it and be done with it, its very very delicious.
- 80 gm (1/4 cup) brown sugar x 2
- 250 gm Pineapple chopped into small chunk pieces (800 gm pineapple peeled and cored)
- 300 gm (10.58 oz) mashed banana (about 2 small bananas)
- 3 eggs large ( beaten)
- 300 ml (1¼ cups / 8.45 fl oz ) plain oil
- 250 gm / 8.81 oz or 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 400 gm / 14.10 oz plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces. Freeze 24 hours or till firm
- 1 x 400 gm (14.10 oz) tin coconut condensed milk (normal conndensed milk)
- 100 gm caster sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 50 gm butter
- 100 ml cream
- a pinch of salt
- Once the tins are lined spread each with brown sugar and line with pieces of thinly sliced pineapple.
- In a medium bowl add the eggs, oil, mashed banana, finely chopped pineapple, vanilla and mix well
- In another bowl mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture and stir till only just mixed together. Over mixing can make the bread tough.
- Pour the mixture into two tins.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Cool on a rack for around 5-10 minutes. Don't cool completely. Run a knife around the tin to loosen and then turn out onto a papered rack. Gently remove the paper using a knife to loosen the caramel as you remove the paper.
- Put the frozen pieces of pineapple into the food processor with the condensed milk. Process till smooth. Freeze. This will stay easy to scoop with just a time out of the freezer.
- Put the sugar into a small pot with 2 tablespoon of water . Swirl a little then put it over a medium heat. Let it come to a nice nut brown. Don't be too hasty, but watch it carefully. Take the pot off the heat and add the cream and the butter and salt and stir together well. It will bubble furiously so be careful. Put back onto a medium heat and cook stirring for a couple of minutes till shiny and thick
- Serve slices of cake with caramel sauce and ice cream.
- The best way to do it is to slice a piece and put a spoon of caramel sauce on top and heat for ½ a minute in the microwave. Serve with lashings of pineapple ice cream
Caramel Sauce- Can be made out of coconut sugar or palm sugar