This is how to make 2 Minute Strawberry Jam
This is more simple than you would ever imagine. I promise. It’s the best of “clean food” and genius.
I’ll show you how to make it and then we can talk about what you can use it for. This will be short and sweet but here we go.
First the beautiful strawberries. Wash them. Take the green tops off and halve them
Then put them in a bowl with a bit of water ( or juice if you like) and a dash of maple syrup and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes on high. That’s all the cooking done!
Crush the strawberries well with a fork and stir in chia seeds. Cover and set aside.
Have you used Chia seeds before?.
You can buy them from health food stores and most chemists in the health food section. They are nutritionally very solid so as well as being a crazy way to thicken things they are good for you too. I put them through my cereal and use them to thicken dressings too. They can be used as an egg replacement (something I haven’t done) Use : 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds with 3 tablespoons water for each egg you’re replacing. Use them to thicken sauces or soups, put through meatballs or meatloaf . Try a few of these out and let me know how you go?
Here’s my recipe for Lamb and Asparagus with Beetroot Chia Dressing
Try them out by mixing ¼ cup chia seeds and 1 cup of water ( or juice), stir after 15 minutes or so, cover the container and place in the refrigerator. That’s it. The seeds will turn into a gel that is the consistency of pudding or custard. There’s no end of things you can make from jam of any flavour to hot chocolate pudding!
Oops pull it back Tania, maybe a healthier choice would be sweetened coconut milk and fruit. Just add the chia seeds and make a delicious pudding .
Weird natural science.
So your strawberry jam is done! That’s it you have fresh Jam.
Remember that it is fresh and will need to be eaten within at least 48 hours for it to taste it’s best. It is not sweet like cooked jam because that contains either equal amounts of sugar or substantially more sugar than fruit in some supermarket brands
You can use it for:
- Breakfast- toast, pancakes on cereal, on Bagel French Toast
- In between cake layers with cream
- On Pavlova with cream or mascapone
- As a sauce for Ice Cream
- on yoghurt
- In tart cases with cream fresh and cut strawberries
I am sure you’ll find lots of ways to use it!
- 250 gm punnet strawberries ( frozen is fine)
- 100 ml water
- 40 ml maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Put the strawberries, water and maple syrup into a bowl and microwave on high for 1½ - 2 minutes ONLY or until they are just and softened
- Crush the strawberries well with a fork and stir in the chia seeds. ,
- Cover and set aside.
- Leave for 10 minutes and you will find the chia has absorbed all the liquid and magically thickened the jam. It will continue to gel a bit more. Give it a good stir.
Find this recipe HERE