This Spooky Halloween Eye Ball Slice is so easy it practically doesn’t need a recipe. It’s not the best darn slice you have ever eaten but it is loads of fun for kids to make and eat at Halloween . Imagine bringing this out for dessert before the trick or treat-ers start knocking on the door. It could also be part of a party spread. Its very kid friendly.
Spooky Halloween Eye Ball Slice
This fun treat can be yours with a teensy bit of planning ahead.
It is a fridge set slice. No cooking and just a little bashing of crumbs for the chocolatey base. Any kid can make it with a parents help. It doesn’t taste overly sweet although the ingredients are hardly health foods! It’s just a bit of fun
Awww just check out those spooky eyes.!
- 1 x 250 gm (8.81 oz) plain chocolate biscuits like chocolate ripples
- 125 gm melted butter
- 1 x can condensed milk 400 gm or 14.10 oz
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon gelatine powder (16 gms or .56oz)
- 1 packet Raspberry jelly lite ( low sugar jelly)
- 500 ml water + 125 ml / 4.22 fl oz boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 12 eyes ( I got mine from Spotlight)
- Break up the cookies in a food processor or by putting into a plastic bag and hitting with a rolling pin
- Mix the melted butter and crumbs together and press into a lines cake tin. Chill till firm
- Mix the gelatine powder with ½ cup (125 ml / 4.22fl oz) boiling water. Stir to dissolve then add the can of condensed milk and the vanilla. Mix till combined. Pour over the chilled base and return to the fridge. Set for an hour or till firm
- Put 2 x 9 gm of jelly crystals into a bowl with 250 ml ( 1 cup / 4.85 fl oz) boiling water. stir well. Add another 250 ml / 1 cup/ 4.85 fl oz of water and stir till combined. Cool in the fridge till cold BUT NOT SET.
- Put the eyeballs onto the white condensed milk layer spaced out in lines. Spoon over enough jelly so that the base of the eye are just covered. You won't need it all.
- Put back into the fridge to set.
More fun Halloween Recipes. Cklick on the pictures to check out the recipes
And here too.
And check this one out!