No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
This tart makes a quick dessert that needs no oven. You can whip it up in no time and it uses every day ingredients that you probably already have, not that I am a stickler for that…. but sometimes it’s nice.
It also goes a long long way because you only need a small slice. Who doesn’t love a No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart for dessert……come on are you serious?
This weekend is Mothers Day. Although I lost my Mother to Breast Cancer almost 16 years ago, Mothers Day is important to me. It has nothing to do with being a Mother myself, but it has everything to do with the fact that Mothers are the people that nurture the world.
Women are to be celebrated. Most of us would be nothing with out the support, love and unwavering care of a Mother, Grandmother, sister, Aunty or woman friend. <3 <3 <3 <3.
Make this for one of those beauties. MMm Chocolate Peanut Butter Tart
I don’t think it’s about the presents or the lunches and dinners. Talking to and hugging your “woman” and making her feel valued for all the unpaid work ( worry) and care she provides is better than any material thing.
I am not going to tell you this is health food because it isn’t, but it is very more-ish and it has lots of texture. Keep it in the fridge till you need it then whip it out and surprise someone. It can be cut into about 14 or even 16 small slices. The perfect Tart…..
- 250 gm Granita Biscuits or Graham Crackers
- 60 gm dark cocoa powder (3 tablespoons)
- 125 gm butter ( melted)
- 250 gm cream cheese, softened
- 250 gm crunchy peanut butter (1 cup)
- 60 gm butter softened
- 120 gm icing or confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 gm dark chocolate chopped - 70%
- 100 ml cream
- ½ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Put the biscuits and the cocoa into a food processor and blitz till broken down into fine crumbs. Add the butter blitz again and scrape down the sides before giving it one more blast (The crumbs should stick together when squeezed). Pour into the tin and press up the sides first. ( If using a cake tin then halfway up). Then finish flattening the bottom. I use a soup spoon. Pop into the fridge while you make the filling
- Put the softened cream cheese, butter, sugar (sifted if lumpy), vanilla and peanut butter into the bowl of a mixer and whip it till it is light and airy. Spread it into your crust and put back into the fridge
- Put the cream into a jug and microwave till nice and war ( not boiling) and then stir in the chocolate till melted. Alternatively you can put the lot over a double boiler on a stovetop and stir melting gently.
- Spread the slightly cooled chocolate over the peanut butter filling and then finish with some roasted chopped peanuts. these can even be salted if you like.
Make the sides first and then you wont run out of crumbs here.
If using a springform just push the crumbs ½ way up the sides.
Even off the sides nicely now before you fill.
I mix mine with a mixer and not in a food process because it gets lighter and airier in a mixer and the crunchy peanut butter pieces stay whole and crunchy
In loving memory of Marnie, who adored dessert xxx