110 Mug Desserts for singles: Anti Valentine’s day desserts
Yes, I am here to help. I am here to render the Single and Sweet-toothed with Satisfaction
Just because you choose to be independent and happily controlling your own TV remote doesn’t mean you should feel like you are missing out on anything…because you aren’t….AND you don’t have to.
Single serve desserts in mugs and jars are nothing new, but they are perfect. Just because you are currently happy with yourself, does not mean you need to make a family sized dessert and scoff the lot.
No, rather that you should make yourself just ONE dessert and scoff that. ( Just so you can be ready for anything life throws at you without wearing the extra family sized dessert on your waistline -or anywhere else).
If you are afraid to keep biscuits in the jar or cakes in the pantry for fear of eating them all in one sitting, here is the answer.
The classic Nutella Mug Dessert Cake I make is pictured above. I have loaded it up with Mini Oreo’s and Vanilla Ice Cream….oh and nutella sauce. Just because. The recipe is at the end of this post. I have included 9 other links to desserts you can share with your remote. 🙂
Mug desserts are designed for the micro wave. Why?. Because when you want to eat dessert you don’t want to wait for an hour for it to cook. Sure pop it in the oven if you like but…….
Let’s start with this one. Salted caramel Apple Cake. You can find the recipe for this one on Table For Two Blog, and lots more besides.
Don’t say I don’t think about your well being. Here’s a gluten free beauty. Chocolate Flourless Mugcake find this one on: Kirbies Cravings
I’ve included this one just for me because I ALWAYS have cravings for Crumble or Cobbler. This one is from the brilliant pages of Domestic Fits
What about a brownie in a cup. Who doesn’t want a brownie ? With only a single serve to worry about this could be perfect. Find the recipe here at No. 2 Pencil
OR you could try this Vegan version……….
Yes I said vegan, gluten free, sugar free…. yes but it has chocolate.. if you need convincing… Find the recipe Southern in Law
Maybe the more bready , fluffy cinnamon style Mug Dessert is your Kryptonite ?. Get the recipe for this one here at Kims Cravings
Again Kirbies Cravings has come up with the almost perfect looking cheesecake for one. Find the recipe here
What about bread and butter pudding or French toast in a cup. Oh that could tempt me alright. From Pretty Prudent. French Toast Mug here.
Chocolate covered Katie has made this perfect looking Chocolate Peanut butter mug cake. Get the recipe here
And lastly….Mmm vanilla. Instructables has made it amply clear that even a cake for one can make you swoon. Get the recipe at: Instructables
- 4 Tablespoon Flour - 50 gm/ 1.8 oz. ( you can use gluten free flour)\
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 Tablespoons caster or fine sugar - 60 gm /2.1 oz
- 3 Tablespoons Nutella -60 gm / 2.1 oz
- 3 Tablespoons milk 60 ml/ 2 fl oz
- 3 Tablespoons oil - 60 gm / 2 fl oz
- 1 egg
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk, oil, nutella and mix to a smooth batter.
- Pour into a mug and micro wave for 1 minute before opening and checking. At this stage it will be almost cooked. After another 20 seconds it should have a molten centre. 20 seconds more will produce a nice soft cake.
- Only give 10 seconds at a time after this. ( My oven is 1200 Watts) it is better under cooked.
- Now serve with cream, ice cream, nuts or fruit.