Creamy Pistachio No Bake Squares
Oh hello November!. I have a surprise for you. This Creamy Pistachio No Bake Squares have some interesting ingredients
I was wondering if it is because I am getting old that time feels like it is speeding on relentlessly fast, but thank fully everyone I know that is under 30 can’t keep up either. It’s a crazy fast world alright. How are you coping in your corner of the world?
In My Kitchen this month I have a lot happening and most of it involves either cakes or preparing cakes.
These are layers of chocolate cake getting ready to be made into an engagement cake next weekend. All of the decorations and fillings will be made during the week and put together Saturday morning for delivery to the party.
This large box full of pancake mix is a little project I am working on for Kialla Pure Foods in Queensland. The mix is organic as are all of there ingredients and I am making anything I can OTHER than pancakes with them and that’s the challenge. How would you go?. I have to say they make wonderfully fluffy wholesome pancakes.
And I have this too…
It’s a recipe I saw here it caught my eye because I have just spent the weekend with my sisters and one of them can’t digest dairy or gluten anymore and this recipe is perfect for her. It won’t be for everyone, but I know my sister will love it. It is dairy and gluten free and it’s green…..that’s good isn’t it?
It is Vegan if you make it with coconut butter but I have used butter instead of coconut butter for making this in my house because I don’t like coconut butter….OMG did I really just say that? I do not like the taste of coconut butter. If you do then you use it. While I am telling you the secret truth I hate Kale too, there!
Warning this contains avocado…..that’s why it’s green.
- 12 pitted fresh Medjool dates
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder/ or dutch cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ tsp spirulina powder (optional)- or 2 tsp pistachio paste
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut butter (or unsalted butter softened)
- ¼ cup pistachio milk (or other nut milk) ( I used plain milk)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (or maple syrup)- or more if you like it sweeter I used 2 tablespoons
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ Crushed raw pistachios
- Raw cacao nibs (optional)
- Place the pistachios in your food processor and pulse until they are crushed and start to form a flour. Add the other ingredients and blend until everything is combined. The texture should be smooth and sticky. If the paste is too dry, add a couple dates.
- Press into the bottom of a squared pan and set aside in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
- Throw all of the ingredients into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy .
- Spread the filling evenly onto your crust. Top with some crushed pistachios and cacao nibs.
- Put back in the fridge and let sit for 3-4 hours. Slice into squares and keep chilled
- This recipe is gluten-free, refined-sugar free, raw and vegan. You can keep the squares in the freezer if you need to.
That’s it for now. If you’d like to see what’s happening in kitchens all over the globe head to www.figjamandlimecordial.com for more.