Tray Baked Green Curry Chicken is so easy and only uses one tray. what could be better than that?
I didn’t set out to make a Tray Baked Green Curry Chicken . My aim was to cook something for dinner in this dish.*
The last thing I made in it was Lasagna for Skater, just before I went on holidays and left him at home by himself. We divided it up into about 6 huge squares and froze it so that he would have something to eat on his long lonely weeks at home (I know you are thinking, he probably enjoyed his time batching, and you are right).
As it turns out this Baked Green Chicken Curry is a good hands off way to cook dinner if you are busy . Think of all of the things you can do while dinner is baking and cooking all by itself.
The idea is to make a big green curry milk shake, mix the chicken and vegies into it and bake for an hour. Done. Rice or even 5 minute vermicelli rice noodles are perfect with this.
Just remember the coriander you use must be fresh. When you crush a leaf or stem you should be able to smell that lemony coriander goodness. Fruit and vegetable specialists or Asian stores are the best place to get coriander. I never buy coriander that doesn’t pass the smell test because it tastes like old soap and doesn’t add that zingy flavour. Use the entire well washed, roots soaked bunch.
- 1.2 kg chicken, boneless skinless thigh fillets) (or 10)
- 1 bunch coriander, cleaned washed including roots, stems and leaves- Supermarket bunches are very small if you must use these, use 2
- 3 green chillies, de-seeded
- 1piece ginger, grated (a very large thumb sized piece )
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 40 ml fish sauce- thai style (2 Tablespoons)
- 40 ml lemon juice, 2 Tablespoons (1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea (flaked) salt ( or ½ teaspoon refined)
- 225 gm bamboo shoot slices drained (1 can) they are crunchy and add flavour
- 12 stems baby corn (1 punnet). The miniture fresh kind that need no peeling
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into 8 thick slices
- 1 onion, sliced into thin strips
- 400 ml coconut cream, (1 can )
- Put the garlic, ginger, with the roughly chopped coriander, green chilli, coconut cream, fish sauce lemon juice and sugar in to a blender and blitz till smooth- or use a food processor stick blender or chop all ingredients till very fine. It is best as smooth as possible because you are making a homemade paste)
- Pour this into a bowl big enough to fit all the sauce, chicken and vegetables (onion, capsicum, corn) and mix everything together and sprinkle with salt. or mix in your baking dish if it is big enough
- Spread all of this out well in a flat baking dish with high sides, and make sure all the chicken is laying flat and is at least partly submerged. (I don't cut the chicken)
- Put into the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Take out and move around turning over and stirring.
- Bake a further 30 minutes, add more salt if needed and serve with steamed rice or noodles
*The Pyromax heat resistant borosilicate glass tray (30 cm x 24.5 cm) was supplied by
Maxwell and Williams and thisismango.com.au
Tray baked Green curry chicken appeared first on My Kitchen Stories