This is a brownie made in a nice round shape so that it can be served for dessert. A brownie is perfect at any time but imagine eating it with ice cream and salted caramel sauce. Sounds good don’t you think?
Last week I made a cake and took it to The Gasoline Pony, this is what happened. People seemed to like eating cake with their cocktails so The Gasoline Pony and I have banded together to create a cake of the week for a limited time. Well this is the cake this week, a gluten free Brownie with salted caramel sauce. I am told it will be served with a scoop of ice cream. “The Gasoline Pony”, is one of my favourite places in Marrickville. There’s a never ending parade of Australian live music and lots of friendly people. They are doing their best to support Australian music so get on down there . Follow them on Facebook here .
This is the recipe I used for my brownie ice cream layer cake so, if you master this then, next stop layer cake.
And Chocolate bombs?. Gluten free little round crispy bombs that I use for cakes.
- 175 gm (6.17oz) unsalted butter
- 175 gm (6.17oz) chopped dark chocolate
- 3 eggs (70gm)
- 1¼ cup caster sugar (280gm)
- 1 cup almond meal (100gm)
- ½ cup rich dark cocoa (50gm)
- 1 cup of caster sugar (200gm)
- 100 gm butter (3.5oz)
- 150 ml cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Extra water to thin
- Put the sugar and eggs in to a stand mixer and beat while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 1 minute or over a double boiler. Set aside to cool slightly
- Mix the almond meal and cocoa getting rid of any lumps.
- Line a round 26cm/10in springform tin.
- When the eggs and sugar look thick and doubled in volume, stop the mixer and add the chocolate butter mixture and almond cocoa mixture and beat together till combined.
- Pour this into the cake tin and level off. It is thick and will need a spatula to get it all out
- Bake for approximately 30- 40 minutes depending on your oven. Test with a skewer at 30 minutes. The skewer should come out with a little bit of damp chocolate ( better under done)
- Makes approximately 9 slices
- Have all of the ingredients ready and to hand. The butter chopped and the cream measured out
- Put the sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan with 2 Tablespoons of water. Heat on medium to high till all of the sugar is dissolved swirl a little but don't stir. If some of the sugar sticks to the sides add a Tablespoon more water. Continue heating till the sugar is liquid and starts to turn golden. It needs to be nicely golden before you turn it off and add the cream. It will bubble a lot. Stir with a whisk. gradually add the butter and keep stirring. Add ½ the salt and taste and then the rest if you want more. Cool the pan down by dipping the base into some cool water. Add the extra water if you want a thinner sauce.
- The chocolate bombs are a gluten free cereal