I am telling you now, no matter who you are you need this Irresistible Pizza Dip.
It is the quickest crowd pleaser I know. A bowl of hot cheesy Pizza dip will hold off the hordes at a barbeque or dinner alike. It’s very easy and it will pretty much work with any set of ingredients.
It’s party time. Plonk in the middle of the table and let them sort themselves out while you get on with more important things (a glass of wine perhaps?)
Pizza dip itself is gluten free. So suit yourself what you serve it with. It could be gluten free or just everyday crackers. Try it with actual pizza base dippers.
BUT it is truly delicious with toasted flat bread- Lebanese, Greek you take your pick. (you could toast gluten free flat bread too). Just cut into triangular shapes, toss in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake on a flat baking sheet at 180C/350F till golden- that’s around 15 minutes.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped dried oregano
- 700ml (24oz) tomato passata (or your favourite pizza sauce )
- 3 tablespoons of olive Oil
- 2 sticks of cabanossi
- 100 gm hot sliced salami
- Or any combination of salami you like.
- 1 pkt 250gm ( 8 oz ) cream cheese softened
- 250gm (8 oz) ricotta cheese
- ½ cup of milk
- 50gm finely grated parmesan cheese
- 50gm cheddar
- Heat a large frypan or shallow sided pot. Add olive oil onions, 1 stick of sliced cabanosi and capsicum and saute on low till starting to soften. Add the herbs, and the garlic and cook till fragrant and softened.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer on low till reducd and thickened. Season with salt and pepper (add premade pizza sauce if you prefer) and pour into an oven proof dish you can serve in. Set aside
- Mix the ricotta and cream cheese till combined then beat gradually adding the milk till smooth
- Start to Add the cream cheese over the top and ( it isn't a runny mix) pushing with a spoon to the edges. It doesn't matter if some of the tomato sauce peeks through. Sprinkle the grated cheeses over the cream cheese mixture
- Cut the other stick of cabanosi into thin circles and slice the salami in to strips or quarters, (this way it is easier to eat) and arrange on the top.
- Bake in a very hot oven for 15 minutes.
- I finish mine under the grill so that the top gets melted nicely and the salami is a bit crispy. Once it is bubbly and starting to colour, turn off the grill.
- Let the dip sit for several minutes to cool slightly before feeding to the hungry hordes