Incredible that something so simple can be so tasty, but it is. This is at it’s best made with new season beans. The crunchiest sweetest ones. When you find these then this is the time to whip this up.
OK, you don’t need to mention that it contains lots of cheese. It may not be an every night side dish but there should be enough occasions that you could find to make it. Something else that you may like is you can add all kinds of other vegetables to it. You can add vegetables such as broccoli or brussel sprouts or grilled zucchini. If you don’t want to use green vegetables then you could substitute baby carrots or roasted cauliflower or mushrooms. The other thing that makes this irresistible is the crunchy pumpkin seeds.
- 125gm cream cheese
- 1 cup cream
- 50 gm grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 500gm green beans
- Prepare the vegetables you want top use. Top and tail the beans. I steam mine so I prepare the steamer and steam the beans while making the sauce.
- Put the cream cheese and cream into a pot on the stove and gently heat till hot but not boiling. you could also out it into a jug and put into the microwave and heat till hot but not boiling
- Take off the heat. Add the grated cheese and stir till melted. The liquid should be hot enough so that the cheese will melt when the cream cheese is stirred. Add a little fresh grated pepper . Taste and add salt if necessary.Put the sauce aside aside keep warm.
- Put a small frypan on the heat and once hot add 1 Tablespoon of oil add the pumpkin seeds and toss over heat until starting to colour. sprinkle with a little salt and pour out onto a plate or dish to cool.
- Spread some of the Parmesan cream onto a dish or platter. Put the warm beans on top and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve the rest of the sauce in a separate bowl