These Ginger Pork Chops will jazz up your weeknight. I’ve used a packet of great Lentilicious Lentils from Byron Bay but hey sweet potato will be perfect too.
Byron Bay is a town on the Northern Coast of NSW in Australia. It is the home of all things art, food, music and surfing and it is a place that most travellers stop by on a trip up the East Coast of Australia. Lots of interesting products are made there including this packet of Lentilicious lentils. There aren’t many products that can say they are Gluten free, fat free, low GI, Kosher friendly, high protein , high fibre, vegan and GMO free, phew. It’s a family venture and I love the idea of fast food that is actually good for you.
I am guessing you are no where near Byron Bay so you could use mashed or even roasted sweet potatoes for this dish.
Ginger Pork Chops with Cucumber Salsa coming up right here.
- 2 pork chops or fillet,
- 1 clove garlic
- 40 ml fish sauce (or soy if you prefer but fish sauce makes the best marinade)(2 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons ginger, grated
- 40 ml olive oil (2 Tablespoons)
- 20 ml lemon juice (1 Tablespoon)
- 20 ml sweet chilli sauce (1 Tablespoon)
- 1 Lebanese Cucumber, cubed (about 1 cup- skin and seeds left in)
- 6 cherry tomatoes (or about ½ cup)cut in half
- ¼ bunch of washed coriander ( stems and leaves)
- a small pinch of salt
- Put the grated ginger, crushed garlic and fish sauce and olive oil into a bowl and add the meat turning it in the marinade. Let it sit as long as possible .
- Meantime to make the salsa
- Cut the Lebanese cucumber into small cubes. Halve or quarter the tomatoes. Chop the washed coriander stems and leaves and mix with the cucumber
- Mix the sweet chilli and lemon juice & salt in a bowl and then toss all of the ingredients together. If you like a more dressing double the mixture. Set aside
- Put a frypan onto high and heat ( or a BBQ grill). Put the chops straight into a the hot frypan and sear. Turn when one side is brown and continue to cook for approx 10 minutes.
- I turned the heat down slightly and covered the frypan because my chops were quite thin. You may find this helps too.
- Serve with the salsa and accompaniment. !I served mine with Lentilicious red lentils and coconut. You could serve yours with rice or mashed sweet potato