November snuk up on me….this morning I saw In My Kitchen by Fig Jam and Lime Cordial and I did a double take!!! oops it’s November
Happy November everyone. Last night was of course Halloween and we had Lamb with Chermoula, roasted till it fell off the bone and Farro salad, while we handed out copious amounts of chocolate to all kinds of walking dead, witches and dark circled ghouls
You may notice the lovely bowl the Farro Salad is in?? I have a few of them, a gift from a friend who thought I might like to use them for photos…..damn right! Thank you Angel
Oh look at these……. they will definitely not fit into the 100 mile eating plan but I couldn’t resist them when I saw them in an Asian store. I think they come from Korea.
And this interesting bit of goods…..an ancient Roman recipe “Garum” is kind of like anchovies on steroids……fermented tuna entrails 70% then some salt,thyme, mint, fennel, and olive oil. Dark seductive and truly intense. Use it for pasta, sauces, ragus and anything else that could stand a gutsy kick ( ha , sorry). Try the farro salad
: This salad is a rough mix of approximates. It will taste great with any percentage of carrot or herb or tomato. Healthy, crunchy and not overly liked by Skater ( in fact, read not at all)
- 1 cup of cooked farro
- 1/2 grated carrot
- 1 diced tomato, seeds and all
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1/2 cup of mint
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 can of peeled tomatoes
- 1/2- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 Tbspn of balsamic vinegar (caramelized or a good aged one)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix the farro , carrot, herbs, celery and tomato and celery
- To make the dressing
- Put the tomatoes in a blender or processor with the garlic, balsamic, juice and salt and pepper. Blend till smooth.
- Stir enough of the dressing through the farro salad to coat well. You wont need it all. We used the rest to serve with quail. (but thats another story) . Taste, and add more salt or pepper if needed.
Microformatting by hRecipe.
If you read My Kitchen Stories , why not let me know on Facebook here