In my kitchen this month 100 tiny savoury canapes. Whipped feta ,pumpkin roasted in lemon oil. semi dried Italian cherry tomatoes in olive oil, crisp prosciutto and a sprinkling of Dukkah shortbread crumble for a special function at Hospitality Warehouse
A special gift from Celia ( fig Jam and lime cordial). Beautiful oven gloves, thank you so much Celia!! xx Each month she hosts In My Kitchen why not see whats happening in Kitchens everywhere?
And to complete the trilogy of orange items ( including my jug from last month), my favourite Mario Batali baking dish ( just used, I dont put it away like this)
Close enough to this month… a couple of days ago this birthday request for a poker machine cake. Chocolate and orange mud cake.
100 tiny chocolate and salted caramel upside down cheesecake were in my kitchen a minute ago… and this is how I made them.
Salted Caramel and Chocolate Upside Down Cheesecake
: I used very small containers and my mixture made 50 but I have halved it. If you make these in a glass it will make approximately 6 to 8 depending on the size
Make Caramel sauce here.
Chocolate Cheesecake filling
- 125ml (1/4 cup) thickened cream (whipping cream to 35%)
- 250gm (8oz) cream cheese
- 200gm chocolate (14.1 oz)
I used 1/2 x milk and 1/2x 80% but I suggest you use 60 or 70%
- 40gm caster sugar (2 large Tblsp)
- 2 Tablespoons of cocoa
- 2 Tablespoons of hot water
- 150 gm plain biscuits ( like Granita or approximately 1/2 packet)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tablspoons caster ( granulated) sugar
- 3 Tablspoons plain flour
- 1/4 cup of almond meal
- 65 gm ( 2.11oz)softened butter
- Make 1/2 the salted caramel recipe and pour a little into each glass. Let this cool and set.
- Melt the chocolate and cool slightly
- Mix the cocoa with the warm water.
- Put the cream cheese, cream, sugar, chocolate and cocoa into a food processor and blitz till smooth.
- Pour into the containers or glasses leaving a little room at the top for crumbs.
What you are making is a cross between crumbs and crumble. If it seems too dry add a little more butter.
- Heat the oven to 180C or 350F
- Put the biscuits into the food processor and break up. Add the flour, almond meal, sugar and butter to the processor and blitz. Pour into a bowl and press together a little to get some random lumps. These are nice for texture. Pour onto a lined tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Cool down
- Sprinkle onto the top of each cheesecake. Decorate with extra chocolate or chocolate garnishes or praline like I did
Please visit me on face book…lets be friends !
Don’t forget to send me your photos