I love this No bake White Chocolate Berry Tart. It’s perfect.
No Cooking is a concept that is quite appealing in the summer, the only problem is we still want to eat and entertain . It was my birthday somewhere between all the other festivities, of the last couple of weeks. Thank god for Summer Berries, they can be transformed into the most delicious things.
This recipe is inspired by Nigella Lawson the Queen of easy cooking. She made a similar tart with lemon curd and cream cheese. This is my recipe . As eaten in the Jauary heat.
No Bake White Chocolate and Berry Tart
This Tart needs time to ‘ cook’ in the fridge, so start it the night before or in the morning for dinner.
- 250 gm ( 8 oz)pkt Granita biscuits
- 80gm ( 3 oz) soft unsalted butter
- 1 x 250 gm (8 oz ) cream cheese, left out to warm while start making the tart
- 150gm ( 5.3oz) white good quality chocolate (I used callebaut )
- 200ml ( 7 oz) thickened cream ( this contains some gelatine)
- Very fine Zest of 2 lemons and up to 60ml lemon juice
- Berries, 1 punnet of strawberries,blueberries and mulberries. You can use raspberries or any other berry you like
- First put the cream into a jug and microwave until hot, or heat gently in a saucepan, take off the heat before adding the white chocolate stirring to melt. Set aside while you make the crust
- Put the biscuits in the food processor and blitz them until they are fine crumbs. Add the soft butter and combine. Press the crumbs into a tart case or shallow sided cake tin of about 20 cm ( 8 in). Make sure to press the crumbs all the way up the sides. ( this may be fluted, but it should have a removable bottom)
- Put the cream cheese into the food processor with the zest, juice and white chocolate cream and process until smooth. Pour into the crumb case and put into the fridge to set. It will take a couple of hours to fully set
- Serve this tart with berries and grated white chocolate.
- You could substitute the biscuits for a gluten free brand.
- Add a crushed berry puree for colour and taste.
- Drain some Greek yoghurt for a day over as colander and use this instead of cream.
- Or serve it with roasted rhubarb or quince
I served this tart and everyone loved it so, for now I will leave the recipe as it is
***But you could make it in small glasses or cups, make it gluten free by using rice cookies, add praline or berry puree.
If you would like this recipe copy and paste to word and print off..